Draft Carlow-Graiguecullen Joint Urban Local Area Plan 2024-2030
CARLOW COUNTY COUNCIL AND LAOIS COUNTY COUNCIL
COMHAIRLE CONTAE CHEATHARLACH AGUS COMHAIRLE CONTAE LAOISE
DRAFT CARLOW-GRAIGUECULLEN JOINT URBAN LOCAL AREA PLAN 2024-2030
Pursuant to Section 20(3) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), notice is hereby given that jointly Carlow County Council and Laois County Council, being the Planning Authorities for the Carlow-Graiguecullen Joint Urban Area, have prepared a Draft Carlow-Graiguecullen Joint Urban Local Area Plan 2024-2030 (Draft JULAP).
The Draft JULAP comprises a Written Statement and maps and is accompanied by:
- a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Environmental Report, prepared in accordance with the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 (S.I No. 436 of 2004) (as amended);
- an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Natura Impact Report pursuant to the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended);
- a Strategic Flood Risk Assessment pursuant to The Planning System and Flood Risk Management Guidelines (2009); and,
- a Local Transport Plan pursuant to Area Based Transport Assessment (ABTA) Guidance Notes (2018) and ABTA How to Guide (2021)
The land use zonings for Carlow Town (former Town Council Area) were adopted as part of the Carlow County Development Plan 2022-2028 and have been incorporated into the Draft JULAP.
DISPLAY OF DRAFT JULAP
The Draft JULAP (Written Statement, including Appendices), SEA Environmental Report, AA Natura Impact Report, Strategic Flood Risk Assessment, Local Transport Plan and Maps, may be inspected online from 13th December 2023 to 5th February 2024 inclusive at https://consult.carlow.ie and http://consult.laois.ie
The Draft JULAP (Written Statement, including Appendices), SEA Environmental Report, AA Natura Impact Report, Strategic Flood Risk Assessment, Local Transport Plan and Maps, will be on display from 13th December 2023 to 5th February 2024 and available to view during opening hours at the following locations:
- Carlow County Council Planning Department, County Buildings, Athy Road, Carlow
- Carlow Library, Tullow Street, Carlow
- Laois County Council, Planning Department, Áras an Chontae, JFL Avenue, Portlaoise, Co. Laois
PUBLIC INFORMATION SESSIONS
Two information sessions for members of the public will be held on the following dates:
Shaw Room at Carlow
Central Library, Tullow
|Thursday 11th January 14.30-18.00
Talbot Hotel, Graigue,
Portlaoise Road, Carlow
|Thursday 18th January 14.30-18.00
Should any member of the public wish to make a specific appointment during either of these two information sessions, please arrange to do so by phone 059 9170310 or by email to: JointLAP@carlowcoco.ie
MAKING A SUBMISSION
Submissions or observations regarding the Draft JULAP and the associated environmental reports and Local Transport Plan are hereby invited from the public and interested bodies between 13th December 2023 to 5th February 2024 inclusive. Children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children, are entitled to make submissions or observations. All written submissions or observations will be duly considered and taken into consideration before the making of the JULAP.
Submissions and observations can be made as follows:
- Via the relevant consultation portal(s): http://consult.carlow.ie or http://consult.laois.ie
- By email to: JointLAP@carlowcoco.ie or firstname.lastname@example.org
In writing marked “Draft Carlow-Graiguecullen Joint Urban Local Area Plan” and sent to the following relevant address:
Carlow County Council, Senior Executive Officer, County Buildings, Athy Road, Carlow, Co. Carlow.
Laois County Council, Senior Planner, Áras an Chontae, JFL Avenue, Portlaoise, Co. Laois.
- Submissions/observations made within this period will be taken into consideration by the Elected Members of Carlow County Council and / or Laois County Council as appropriate before the making of the Carlow-Graiguecullen Joint Urban Local Area Plan 2024-2030.
- All submissions should be in one medium only i.e. hard copy or via the consultation portal online or by email. This will avoid the duplication of submission reference numbers and will streamline the process.
- Include your name and address and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company you represent on a separate page to the content of your submission, in order to assist in complying with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
- The Planning process is an open and public one. In that context, all submissions / observations will be taken into consideration, are a matter of public record and will be placed on the County Councils websites. Please be advised that the name of the person(s)/group(s) who make submissions will be published, but personal data will be redacted. This processing of your personal data is lawful underArticle 6(1)(e) of the GDPR Regulations.
The Councils’ Data Protection Policies are available at:
- Carlow County Council Data Protection Policy [PDF]
- Laois County Council Data Protection Policy [PDF]
YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO MAKE YOUR SUBMISSION AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE, LATE
SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
LATEST TME FOR RECEIPT OF SUBMISSION (BY POST/ONLINE/EMAIL) IS 5.00PM 5th FEBRUARY 2024