Part 8 - Bagenalstown Public Realm Project, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow.
Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended)
Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended) - Part 8
Applicant: Carlow County Council
Location: Market Square to Bachelors Walk, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow
Proposal: Pursuant to the requirements of the above, notice is hereby given of Carlow County Council’s intention to carry out public realm upgrading works to Market Square and the resurfacing of the pedestrian linkages between Bachelors Walk and Market Square, all in Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow.
Description of development:
The works will involve public realm upgrading works on Market Square and will link into Main Street, Kilree Street and The Parade. New pedestrian crossings will be created as part of the works and an existing crossing on Kilree Street will be upgraded. It is also proposed to resurface the existing pedestrian ramp between Market Square and Bachelors Walk with landscaping to areas adjoining the ramp. The works will include all associated site works and modification to road drainage.
An Environmental Impact Assessment Screening Determination and an Appropriate Assessment Screening for the proposed development have been completed and are available for inspection.
Plans and Particulars of the proposed development may be inspected or purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy for a period of 4 weeks from 12/12/2023 during public opening hours at the following Carlow County Council Office locations:
- County Buildings, Athy Road, Carlow, R93 E7R7 - Monday to Friday between the hours of 9.15am to 4.30pm
- Bagenalstown Area Office, McGrath Hall, Railway Road, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow R21 WR66 - Monday to Friday between the hours of 9.15am to 4.30pm
- Bagenalstown Library, Main Street, Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow R21 WR66 - Monday to Friday between the hours of 11.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm. Saturday between the hours of 10.00am to 1.00pm.
Plans and Particulars of the proposed development may also be inspected online at https://consult.carlow.ie/
A submission or observation in relation to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development would be situated, may be made,
- in writing: to the Planning Department, Carlow County Council, County Buildings, Athy Road, Carlow clearly marked ‘Bagenalstown Public Realm Project - Part 8 Process’, or
- online: at Carlow County Council’s public consultation portal https://consult.carlow.ie/ using the Make a Submission link on this consultation, or
- by email: to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line being clearly noted as ‘Bagenalstown Public Realm Project - Part 8 Process’.
All Submissions must be received before 5.00 p.m. on 06th February 2024.
NOTE 1: Please make your submission by one medium only (i.e. hard copy or by email or online).
NOTE 2: Submissions or observations received are subject to public viewing.