The Streetscape Enhancement Initiative for Bagenalstown 2022 provides retailers and property owners with grants that they can use to improve the facades of their buildings, carry out artwork or install features such as street furniture or canopies. The overall purpose of the Scheme is to give our towns and villages a facelift and make them more attractive places to live, work or visit.
The aim of the project is to improve the visual appearance of our urban streetscapes and increase pride and confidence in our home towns and villages, making them more attractive places to live, work and do business. The project is funded under Our Rural Future which is the Government’s five year strategy to revitalise rural Ireland and includes a commitment to upgrade and enhance shopfronts and street facades in our rural towns and villages.
Commercial, residential or unoccupied buildings in town/village centre locations in Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow.
Grant Funding Levels:
Grant funding will be provided at the following rates:
• 70% of eligible expenditure for Individual premises
• 80% of eligible expenditure for Joint applications (groups of 3 or more adjacent premise)
• 100% of eligible expenditure where painting is undertaken by direct labour by applicant
· 8th September 2022 – Scheme Open for Applications
· 30th September 2022 – Closing Date for Applications
Queries in respect of the scheme should be directed to Pierce Kavanagh, Economic Development Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 059 9129 783.
Applications can only be accepted via this online platform at consult.carlow.ie/ under surveys, and 1 application per premises is required. People who own multiple premises must make 1 application per premises.
Description of Eligible Expenditure:
Grant Limit Per Premises
- Green enhancement of entrances/ terraces with planting. Up to €500 per premises
- Painting of building/shopfront in carefully selected colours which will complement the host building and streetscape. Up to €1,500 per premises
- Decluttering and repair of shopfronts. (Decluttering can include such works as removing unnecessary signs, flagpoles, wiring etc.). Up to €2,000 per premises.
- Careful illumination and lighting of architectural features of buildings. Improvements to shopfront window displays and staging. Replacement of signage with traditional wooden fascia with wooden/hand painted lettering OR contemporary design. Canopies/Awnings complementary to the materials of the shopfront and building (including street furniture). Replacement of existing shopfront with traditional painted wooden shopfront OR contemporary design. Up to €4,000 per premises
All applications will be evaluated on the basis of information presented and the scheme focus. Please note incomplete applications will not be considered. Please ensure that all documents are uploaded for the scheme including quotes and materials to support the application. Any queries please contact any member of the application team.
This scheme is only available to eligible premises in selected areas of Bagenalstown.
Works must be completed and with claim submitted by 31st August 2023 under the scheme if approved.