Muine Bheag - Royal Oak Local Area Plan 2024-2030 - Pre Draft Public Consultation
We welcome your submissions
Notice is hereby given that Carlow County Council intends to prepare a Draft Local Area Plan for the Muine Bheag-Royal Oak Area and is now engaging in pre-draft consultation pursuant to Section 20 (1) of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended). The pre-draft consultation will inform preparation of the Draft Local Area Plan which will be subject to further consultation at a later stage which will be accompanied by an Environmental Report prepared as part of a Strategic Environmental Assessment under the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations, 2004 (as amended). The Draft Local Area Plan will also be subject to the Appropriate Assessment requirements under the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC).
The public consultation will take place from Tuesday 6th February until Wednesday 6th March 2024 inclusive. In order to stimulate debate and encourage participation in this process before the Draft Area Plan is prepared, Carlow County Council have prepared a Planning Consultation Issues Paper which can be viewed below or in the attached PDF in the 'Materials' section, or can be viewed during normal opening hours (excluding public holidays) at:
- Carlow County Council, Athy Road, Carlow.
- Muine Bheag Library, Main Street, Muine Bheag.
Council staff will be available to answer general queries and provide guidance on the Pre-Draft Consultation at the following location, on the following date:
|Date and Time:
|Muine Bheag Library, Main Street, Muine Bheag.
|15th February 2024 (14:30-17:00).
Should any member of the public wish to make a specific appointment on the date of the information session, please arrange to do so by phone on 059 9170307 or by email to: MuineBheagRoyalOakLAP@carlowcoco.ie
Submissions and observations in relation to the Pre-Draft Local Area Plan Consultation are invited from members of the public and other interested parties/stakeholders. Children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children, are entitled to make submissions or observations.
Submissions and observations may be made in one of the follow ways:
- Through Carlow County Council’s consultation portal http://consult.carlow.ie
- by email to: MuineBheagRoyalOakLAP@carlowcoco.ie
in writing marked “Muine Bheag – Royal Oak Local Area Plan Review” and sent to the following address: Carlow County Council, Senior Executive Officer, Planning Department, Athy Road, Carlow.
- All submissions should be in one medium only i.e. hard copy or via the consultation portal online or to the specified email address above. This will avoid the duplication of submission reference numbers and will streamline the process.
- Include your name and address and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company you represent on a separate page to the content of your submission, in order to assist in complying with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
- The Planning process is an open and public one. In that context, all submissions / observations will be taken into consideration, are a matter of public record and will be placed on Carlow County Council’s website. Please be advised that the name of the person(s)/group(s) who make submissions will be published, but personal data will be redacted. This processing of your personal data is lawful under Article 6(1)(e) of the GDPR Regulations.
The Council’s Data Protection Policy, is available at: www.carlow.ie
YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO MAKE YOUR SUBMISSION AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
LATEST TIME FOR RECEIPT OF SUBMISSIONS (POST/ONLINE/EMAIL) IS 5.00PM Wednesday 6th March 2024.