Draft County Carlow Heritage Plan 2024-2029
Carlow County Council
Draft County Carlow Heritage Plan 2024-2029
The Draft County Carlow Heritage Plan 2024-29 was produced with the assistance of the County Carlow Heritage Forum (established in May 2022) with the Carlow Heritage Officer and reflects the responses and inputs from the first phase of public consultation in 2022. The first phase of consultation consisted of a series of facilitated online workshops and subsequent in-person consultation meetings in each of the four County Libraries.
The Draft Carlow Heritage Plan 2024-2029 sets out four objectives with associated actions to be delivered within the lifecycle of the plan. The objectives are:
- Collect and Disseminate Baseline Data to tell Carlow’s Heritage Story
- Increase Awareness and Champion the Heritage of County Carlow (Education and Engagement)
- Build Capacity through Engagement and Partnership with Community Groups and Organisations
- Protect and Safeguard the Heritage of County Carlow
The Carlow Heritage Forum Members working with the Carlow Heritage Officer will endeavour to ensure these objectives are met through the delivery of each of the associated actions as outlined in the Draft County Carlow Heritage Plan. These objectives and actions reflect the considerations and responses identified in the first phase of public consultation to enable the production of this Draft County Carlow Heritage Plan 2024-2029. This Draft County Carlow Heritage Plan has been prepared in accordance with the guidance of the Heritage Council.
Carlow County Council welcome submissions/ observations during this public consultation period (25 January to 22 February 2024).
Carlow Heritage Officer will be available at the following locations and times to provide guidance on the Draft County Carlow Heritage Plan 20242-2029, on the consultation process, provide information on and invite submissions to the finalised County Carlow Heritage Plan.
Friday 2 February 2024 in Borris Library from 6:30-8:30pm
Tuesday 6 February 2024 – Online meeting from pre-registered guests from 10am- 12 noon*
Monday 12 February 2024 in Tullow Library from 2-4pm
Tuesday 13 February 2024 in Muine Bheag Library from 11am-1pm
Saturday 17 February 2024 in Carlow Central Library from 9:30am-12:30pm
* Those intending to join the online must register by emailing their intent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12 noon on Friday 2 February to ensure registration.
Submissions or observations must be made in writing no later that 5:30pm on Thursday 22 February 2024.
The Draft County Carlow Heritage Plan 2024-2029 may be inspected during public open hours at the following locations:
- County Buildings, Athy Road, Carlow R93 E7R7
- Tullow Civic Offices, Link Road, Tullow R93 WP86
- Muine Bheag Civic Offices, McGrath Hall, Muine Bheag R21 WR66
- Carlow Central Library, Presentation Building, Tullow Street, Carlow R93 K126
- Tullow Library, Civic Offices, Tullow R93 WP86
- Muine Bheag Library, Main Street, Muine Bheag R21 X529
- Borris Library, Lower Main Street, Borris R95 HF25
Making a Submission or Observation
Written submissions or observations can be made by
- Online via Carlow County Council Public Consultation Portal https://consult.carlow.ie/en/browse
- Via email with ‘Draft County Carlow Heritage Plan’ in the subject line to email@example.com
- In writing marked ‘Draft County Carlow Heritage Plan 2024-2029’ to Eoin Sullivan, Carlow Heritage Officer, Carlow Central Library, Presentation Building, Tullow Street, Carlow R93 K126
Submissions or observations must be made in writing no later that 5:30pm on Thursday 22 February 2024. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Please consider the following in making your submission:
- Submissions should be made using ONE method only i.e. online or in hard copy.
- Submissions or observations should include your name and address and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc. you represent.
- Written submissions or observation with respect to the Draft County Carlow Heritage Plan, made within the period stated, will be taken into consideration before the making of the County Carlow Heritage Plan 2024-2029.
- Please ensure that no vexatious, libelous or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) ins included.
- All submissions/ observations will be subject to the Date Protection Act 1988-2018 and the Freedom of Information Act 2014.