Mountain View Link Hacketstown
Proposed Pedestrian & Cycle Link at Mountain View, Hacketstown, Co. Carlow
Carlow County Council’s Roads Department, in conjunction with the National Transportation Authority (NTA), proposes to upgrade 145m of existing combined footpath & cycle track linking the Mountain View Housing Estate with Main Street Hacketstown as part of its 2022 Active Travel Program of works.
The proposed development will consist of:
- Site clearance of existing waste and rubble.
- Provision of 145m of a combined 3m wide footpath/cycle track with macadam surfacing.
- Provision of timber post and rail fence.
- Installation of LED public lighting and associated ducting.
- Topsoiling & grass seeding.
- Installation of associated signage and road markings as necessary.
The development will take place along the existing well established laneway. New public lighting, road signage, road markings and landscaping in the vicinity of the works will also enhance and improve the existing streetscape at the works location with negative long term impact on the landscape and visual amenity of the area.
Where Can I Get More Information?
Plans and particulars of the proposed scheme will be available for inspection, for a period of 3 weeks from 03/06/2022 online at Carlow County Council’s Consultation Portal.
Submissions & Observations
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development may be made before 4.30pm on Friday 24th June 2022 Online at the Carlow County Council Public Consultation Portal - https://consult.carlow.ie
Senior Executive Engineer,
Carlow County Council
3rd June 2022