Carlow County Council is undertaking a review of its County Carlow Culture & Creativity Strategy 2018-2022 with a view to developing a new strategy for 2023 – 2027.
As part of the consultation, we are inviting the public to give us feedback on their experience of the Creative Ireland Carlow programme to date, to help us gain a better understanding of what has worked well, what we could do differently, any opportunities that we should consider and how we should prioritise our work over the next five years. The deadline for completion of the survey is Sunday 18th September, 2022.
The Creative Ireland Programme is a five year all-of-Government initiative to place creativity at the centre of public policy. It is guided by a vision that every person in Ireland will have the opportunity to realise their full creative potential. Through partnerships with local and national government, cultural and enterprise agencies, Creative Ireland creates pathways and opportunities to inspire and transform people, places and communities through creativity.
More information on Creative Ireland can be found here.
The Creative Ireland Partnership with the Local Authorities is through Pillar 2 – Creative Communities.
The County Carlow Culture and Creativity Strategy 2018 - 2022 and its outline priorities and details can be found here
The Creative Communities partnership for 2023-2027 has the following principles and values:
- Broaden access to, and participation in, cultural and creative activities locally.
- Use culture and creativity as a catalyst for collaboration and innovation in achieving greater wellbeing, social cohesion, and economic development.
- Strengthen the capacity of local authorities to integrate culture and creativity across place-making, regeneration, renewal, and the development of more vibrant, creative, and sustainable places.
- Investing in culture and creativity to support environmental, social, and economic returns that help deliver local authority agendas – from local and regional, to national and international.
- Build on the agility and integrated approach of Culture and Creativity Teams to sustain further delivery of targeted collaborative programmes.
For further information please contact the Creative Ireland Carlow team at email@example.com