County Carlow Streetscape Enhancement Scheme 2024
Friday, March 29, 2024 at 5:00 PM
Carlow County Council are inviting businesses to enhance your premises in 2024 by engaging with the County Carlow - Streetscape Enhancement Scheme. Improve the front of your premises through painting and shop front improvements including painting, repairs, decluttering and window design with financial supports for each successful applicant.
Closing Date for Applications – 29th March 2024
Financial Aid of up to 80% of eligible costs will be financed by Carlow County Council, with the remainder of costs being paid by the applicant. Upgrade works can include painting, repairs, decluttering (removal of old wiring, etc.), new signage, outside lighting, window display design/merchandising. The minimum upgrade is €1,250 which will result in a grant of €1,000, and more substantial upgrades are permissible. A community group package is available for 2024 as outlined below.
Enhancement works, and drawdown of funds must be completed by 1st October 2024.
Scheme Coverage 2024
For the Streetscape Paint Scheme 2024 for Carlow Town, the following streets are eligible to apply:
Tullow Street Lower, Tullow Street Upper, Castle Street, Kennedy Avenue, Dublin Street, Potato Market, Barrack Street.
In Tullow Municipal District the focus of the scheme this year is Tullow & Ballon and in Bagenalstown Municipal District the focus of the scheme is Borris & Bagenalstown.
Apply By 29th March, 2024
- The 2024 scheme is not open to completed applications from 2023.
- This scheme is open to premises in County Carlow only.
- The scheme is open to commercial Premises Only
- Owner Permission is Required for any Works
- Community Groups can submit applications as a project for a specific property and up to 80% of funding will be provided where a contractor is being used and 100% of funding where materials only are being provided.
- Application must be completed in full with all requested documentation provided
- Invoices must be provided for all works
- Invoices must include Supplier Name and Business Address, Supplier Vat Number (or PPS Number if not registered for vat), and vat amount (€0.00 if not registered for vat)
- Proof of Payment of all invoices must also be provided
- Proof of Payment is a copy of your Bank Statement showing payments going out of your account
- Payment amount and Supplier Name on the Bank Statement must match the amount and name on the invoice
- Payments by cash are not allowed under the scheme
- You must provide Photographs of the premises Before works commence
- You must provide Photographs of the premises After works are completed