Chapter 15: Carrickduff Plan
Section 15.3.6 Carrickduff Plan
(Amendment No. 136) Insert new section and text after Section 126.96.36.199, with new additional corresponding policy after Section 188.8.131.52, new text in green as follows:
184.108.40.206 Flood Risk Management
The flood risk mitigation measures and justification tests for Carrickduff are detailed in Section 7.10 and Section A.3 of the Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) prepared as part of this County Development Plan (See Appendix III). General guidance on development management and flood risk is set out in Section 6 of the SFRA.
New policy after Section 220.127.116.11:
Flood Risk Management
It is the policy of the Council to:
CD. P20: Manage flood risk in Carrickduff in accordance with the following provisions:
Any future development in the town centre zoned lands at risk of flooding along the Clody River area must place water compatible development within Flood Zone A/B with no raising of land levels. All development should be subject to an FRA which should follow the general guidance provided in Section 6 of the SFRA and must specifically address the following:
- The sequential approach should be applied, and highly vulnerable elements of the site should be located in Flood Zone C, or raised/bunded/protected;
- Flood Zone A/B would principally be suitable for water compatible use only;
- FRA should address climate change scenarios in relation to FFLs and potential mitigation measures;
- Proposals should not impede existing flow paths or cause flood risk impacts to the surrounding areas, and;
- Any development shall also be required to be built in accordance with Carlow County Council SuDS Policy.
(Amendment No. 137) Amend Carrickduff Land Use Zoning Map to rezone land from ‘New Residential’ to ‘Existing Residential/Infill.
(Amendment No. 138) Amend Carrickduff Land Use Zoning Map to rezone land from ‘Open Space and Amenity’ to ‘New Residential’ (to accommodate max 27 no. units).
(Amendment No. 139) Amend Carrickduff Land Use Zoning Map to rezone land (1.3ha) from ‘New Residential’ to ‘Agriculture’.
(Amendment No. 140) Amend Carrickduff Objectives Map to include additional sites / proposed residential zoning(s) for consideration as part of the Infrastructure Lands (Vol 2- Appendix X).