Appendix III Bibliography
Closed28 Sep, 2020, 1:00pm - 26 Oct, 2020, 5:00pm
- Preamble to the Constitution of the World Health Organization as adopted by the International Health Conference, New York, 19-22 June, 1946; signed on 22 July 1946 by the representatives of 61 States (Official Records of the World Health Organization, no. 2, p. 100) and entered into force on 7 April 1948.
- Owen Douglas, Mick Lennon, Mark J. Scott. 2017. ‘Green space benefits for health and well-being: A life-course approach for urban planning, design and management’, Cities, Volume 66, pages 53-62.
- Casimir MacGregor. 2010. ‘Urban regeneration as a public health intervention’, Journal of Social Intervention: Theory and Practice, Volume 19, Issue 3.
- Laurence Carmichael, Tim G. Townshend, Thomas B. Fischer, Karen Lock , Carl Petrokofsky, Adam Sheppard, David Sweeting, Flora Ogilvie. 2019. ‘Urban planning as an enabler of urban health: Challenges and good practice in England following the 2012 planning and public health reforms’, Land Use Policy, Volume 84, May 2019, Pages 154-162.
- Health Service Executive (HSE) Public Health Profile Working Group – Health Profile 2015 Carlow (2015).
- Healthy Carlow County Plan 2018-2021, page 25.
- Project Ireland 2040: National Planning Framework, page 82.
- Wendy Collins Perdue, JD, Lesley A. Stone, JD, and Lawrence O. Gostin, JD, LLD (Hon). 2003. ‘The Built Environment and Its Relationship to the Public’s Health: The Legal Framework’, American Journal of Public Health, Vol 93, No. 9.
National Collaborating Centre for Environmental Health, 2018. Healthy Built Environment, National Collaborating Centre for Environmental Health, https://ncceh.ca.
- WPI Economics 2018. ‘A Design For Life: Integrating health and wellbeing into design and development’, London: British Land.
- Faculty of Public Health, 2017. Built environment & physical activity, Faculty of Public Health, www.fph. org.uk .
- The Centre for Urban Design and Mental Health, 2020. How Urban Design can Impact Mental Health, The Centre for Urban Design and Mental Health, https://www.urbandesignmentalhealth.com.
- World Health Organisation, 2020. Public health, environmental and social determinants of health (PHE), World Health Organisation, https://www. who.int/.
- David Roberts, 2020. ‘How to make a city livable during lockdown’, Vox (online), 22nd April.
- SideWalk Labs, 2019. SideWalk Toronto, SideWalk Labs, https://www.sidewalktoronto.ca/.